Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Batter Up

I always feel a bit embarrassed when I have to do something femininely that I can do quite well as a guy. We weren't playing ball inside, but even picking up the baseball bat I had to stick my butt out and act clueless.

Work has started for me, but I haven't worked long enough to have a huge opinion about it. Unlike Jill, I've worked a lot over the past 5 years so it's a little less of a shock to my system. The girls are demanding, but not particularly mean or anything. I'm learning a lot about women's clothes and I guess I'm going to have to learn a lot before they will let me actually wait on customers. I usually ring them up at the cash register and stock shelves so far. There will be a lot more posted on the new job when I have more to tell you.

2 comments:

  1. Cindy,

    So why should you have to act "clueless" when picking up a bat? Lots of women can stand in at the plate with great competence! Think of all the teenage girls in softball leagues. I don't think athletic girls are any less feminine thereby; quite the contrary, in fact.

    Just curious.

    Moved

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the girls allow you to watch sports or do anything athletic? How much do the original mistresses control you now that you are under Colleen's thumb? Does she allow them to still have their fun and games with you?

    ReplyDelete